Attorney Kevin M. Sullivan is a Certified Specialist in Legal Malpractice. Here is what that means:
As the California State Bar says,
Board-certified legal specialists have:
- demonstrated their competence
- received specialized education
- shown commitment in one of 11 areas of law practice administered through the State Bar of California or 11 additional areas through our certifying partners
To be eligible for certification, an attorney must generally:
- Be an active member of The State Bar of California
- Have been engaged in the practice of law in the area in which certification is sought for a minimum of 25 percent of the time the attorney has spent in occupational endeavors during each of the previous five years in which they have practiced law
- Pass a written examination.
- Demonstrate a high level of experience in the specialty field by meeting specific task and experience requirements as listed in the Rules and Standards.
- Complete at least 45 hours of continuing education in the specialty field or a closely related field
- Be favorably evaluated by other attorneys and judges who are familiar with the tasks upon which the applicant has relied to satisfy the task requirement